Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

While I've made my share of Helen Keller jokes,* I have to say, this quote by her certainly rings true. I know a lot of people consider Semester at Sea a "life-changing" experience and the "trip of a lifetime" or something of the sort, but that idea seems limiting to me. I plan on having daring, life-changing type experiences until I'm senile. Even then, I'm sure given the opportunity I'd drag my decrepit self up the Andes just to see Machu Picchu. At the very least I'll convince my children (grandchildren?) to let me tag along on their adventures. That being said, I'm definitely extremely excited about meeting Canadians in Canada for the first time, getting horribly seasick for the first time, using my own credit card for the first time, wandering around Europe for the first time, and being snubbed for being an American for the first time! (Lots of firsts on this trip!)


Also: I just got a shiny new camera. Isn't it pretty?


8 days until Nova Scotia!
Jenn


*One of my favorites (and one of the least politically incorrect): "Why can't Helen Keller drive?" "Why?" "Because she's a woman!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

next time i want to come with you on your daring adventure.

what in the world.

i pushed on the handicapped symbol next to the word verification box and lots of noise happened... what is it?
dkv ;km fv wwwwwwws

that is a message from my aunts dog toby (i am housesitting for a few days) and the w's are from nell.