Friday, June 13, 2008

The Joys of Travel

Dear Delta, 

I hate you. 

Sincerely, 
Jennifer


Today:
1. Didn't sleep because I was packing.
2. Flight got cancelled because they spilled cleaning fluid on the plane. 
3. The re-route involved an extra airport and 3 more hours of traveling. 
4. Both my checked bags were overweight. 
5. On the flight to Atlanta, the only available seats were in the emergency row, so we were the only row without TVs to watch.
5. The flight to Toronto was tiny and cramped. 
6. In the Toronto airport, we discover that Delta forgot to give me part of my ticket, meaning that I couldn't check in for our next flight. 
7. We ride the train back and forth (and back and forth) between Delta and Air Canada terminals trying to get checked in, because obviously no one knows how to use a phone. 
8. Finally, a nice flight. Canada Air rocks. Nice seats, free meal, free personal movie (or TV or music). Well done. 
9. We arrive in Halifax! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for my luggage. Although Delta assured us multiple times that we were only to check in and not pick up our checked baggage in Toronto, it is international flying protocol/law/whatever that you have to take all checked baggage through customs, regardless of connecting flights.
10. Halifax is pretty, the hotel is wonderful, and our window has a straight view of the ship. There are lots of semester at sea people wandering around, but I'm sitting in the hotel room because I only have grungy plane-dirty clothes and am very very tired. 

Whew.  
 

1 comment:

radclyfearles said...

888sport Mobile App - JTM Hub
888sport mobile app for iPhone 경상남도 출장샵 and iPad. Get access to the 공주 출장샵 888sport mobile betting 보령 출장안마 app on 광명 출장마사지 your 고양 출장샵 iPhone and iPad with more than 888sport mobile betting